Account Director (New York)
We’re looking for an Account director to join our growing team in New York.
You’ll work collaboratively with our creative and project management teams, leading our proposal-writing process and selling process for new projects within our existing accounts. You’ll prove the ROI of our work to show clients the value of what we do. And as our Salesforce champion, you’ll record and share all of that for posterity, and lead your team in doing the same.Your clients will be working in a variety of industries. But since most of them will be brand and marketing teams, it’ll be helpful to have an understanding of how those teams work in Fortune 500 companies, and what matters to them.
Like everyone at The Writer, you’ll:
- contribute to a happy team
- have ideas that make us better
- care about quality
- be interested in language
- be commercially savvy
Who are you?
Like all of us at The Writer, you’re eager to help the biggest brands in the world communicate clearly, and change the corporate world for the better.
You’re a strategist. You can find your way around a big organization, spotting where the opportunities are and who we need to know to get to them.
You’re a great listener. You can figure out what’s important to people by listening to them. And you ask questions to get clarity when you need to.
You’re driven by results. You’re used to working towards financial targets. And are always on the lookout for evidence that great work produces great results – you use those results to build stronger relationships and win new work.
You love data. You’re experienced in (and excited about) CRM systems like Salesforce to record and share information. And you spark a love of data in your team, too.
You’re a leader. You thrive off the energy of working with others to come up with a new idea and make it happen. And you enjoy finding better ways to work and sharing that knowledge with others.
You’re comfortable in any room. Whether you’re pitching to or getting feedback from a brand manager or the CEO, you’re able to stay personable, calm, and clear in conversations and presentations.
You’re diplomatic. Being an account director means balancing the needs of your clients, our project managers, and our creative teams – not to mention, the financial health of our business. And doing it with grace and poise.
What will you be doing?
- You’ll develop relationships with Fortune 500 clients that lead to continuous business, and meet your financial targets
- You’ll prepare account plans at the start of every year, and see them through to help us grow our revenue year on year
- You’ll run account team meetings to keep our internal teams up keep to date with what’s going on with clients
- You’ll do thorough and thought-through handovers to our project management and creative teams when opportunities become projects
- You’ll be our Salesforce champion, leading by example by keeping all your opportunities and contacts up to date, using the platform to help grow your accounts, and sharing global opportunities with the UK team
- You’ll stay up to date on what’s going on in our clients’ industries
- You’ll work with clients to prove the ROI of our work, capture that in case studies, and spread the word
- And you’ll manage junior members of our account team.
You’ll report to Mariam Muzaffar, our US Managing director.
The Writer is a brand language consultancy based in New York and London. We’re on a mission to rescue our clients from the tyranny of corporate speak, fighting against the boring, the lazy and the ineffective in language. In its place, we help companies use words that change how people see them, change how their people feel, and make and save them money.
You’ll be joining our small, but mighty New York team. We’re growing fast, so you’ll need to be able to adapt quickly to new projects as they come rushing in, and help out if and when they change at the last minute.
What you’ll get out of it
- The chance to work with some of the biggest brands in the world
- The chance to elevate account management at The Writer and show others how to do it
- The chance to help scale a growing agency
Sound like you?
If so, apply here, sending us three things: your resume, 300 words explaining why you’re the right person for us, and two references that we can talk to. (You’ll need the files handy when you click the link).