Business development executive (London)
You’ll generate and develop new leads for The Writer UK and help grow our reputation as the UK’s leading brand language agency. You’ll also help build business with companies we’re already talking to. You’ll get to know and understand our clients and their problems, and how we can fix them. You’ll understand our sales targets and focus on bringing in work. You’ll be responsible for delivering our marketing plan. And you’ll be able to prove how well we’re doing – and how valuable our work is to our clients.
Like everyone at The Writer, you’ll:
- contribute to a happy team
- have ideas that make us better
- care about quality
- be interested in language
- be commercially savvy
Who are you?
Like all of us at The Writer, you’re eager to help the biggest brands in the world communicate more effectively, and change the corporate world for the better.
You’re a great listener. You can figure out what’s important to people by listening to them. And you ask questions to get clarity when you need to.
You’re confident. Whether you’re pitching to or getting feedback from a brand manager or the CEO, you’ll be able to talk about what we do, and why we do it.
You’re driven by results. You’re used to working towards financial targets. You’re always on the lookout for evidence that great work produces great results – and you use those results to build stronger relationships and win new work.
You’re interested in marketing. And you’re digitally savvy. You know your social media onions and love learning about how new tech platforms can generate business.
You’re organised. You’re comfortable juggling numerous tasks at once and can organise your own time as well as others.
You love data. You’re excited about CRM systems like Salesforce to record and share information.
What will you be doing?
- You’ll manage the in-bound leads by quickly following-up with and qualifying each opportunity
- You’ll use Salesforce to revive lapsed clients
- You’ll monitor industry news to spot new opportunities
- You’ll speak to prospective clients at events
- You’ll build strong relationships with your clients and the teams you work with
- You’ll be one of our Salesforce champions, keeping all your opportunities and contacts up to date, using the platform to help grow your accounts
- You’ll be responsible for executing The Writer’s marketing strategy and you’ll measure what’s been successful then report your findings to the business
- You’ll support our client teams with their research requirements
- You’ll work with clients to prove the ROI of our work, capture that in case studies, and spread the word
- You’ll be positive and optimistic who people will love to work with
You’ll report to our business development director.
Sound like you?
If so, apply here. You’ll need to send us three things: your CV, a one-liner telling us where you saw this ad, and 300 words explaining why you’re the right person for us. (NOTE: For each document you're attaching, you'll need to hit the 'upload' button before finishing your application).