Business Development Director (London)
You’ll generate and develop new leads in the UK and beyond, and help grow our reputation as the UK’s leading brand language consultancy. You’ll create and own the development strategy and work with our creative team to build and deliver punchy pitches that beat off the competition. You’ll win over CMOs, marketing directors and senior brand people in Global 500 clients. Working with our client team, you’ll help us revive our dormant accounts and grow existing ones. You’ll seek out the most relevant marketing opportunities that get us in front of the right people. And you’ll work closely with all our teams in London and New York to make this happen.
Like everyone at The Writer, you’ll:
- contribute to a happy team
- have ideas
- care about quality
- be commercially savvy
- be interested in language.
Who are you?
Like all of us here at The Writer, you’re eager to help the biggest brands in the world communicate clearly, and change the corporate world for the better.
You’re a a biz dev guru. You’re driven by results, and you deliver. You know where to spot the right opportunities and what questions to ask.
You’re a people person. You’re a relationship-builder and a deal-sealer. You’re comfortable and persuasive talking to a CEO or brand director from a Global 500 bank or tech company (and holding court over lunch).
You’re a strategist. You understand the business inside-out and can deliver a business development strategy that achieves results.
You’re full of ideas. Whether it’s a new, tech-focused marketing solution or a completely new way of delivering proposals, we love hearing new ideas.
You’ve got your finger on the pulse of the business world. You keep your ear to the ground and are always on the lookout for new opportunities.
You’re a marketer. You keep up to date with marketing trends and can deliver and execute a marketing programme with measurable results.
You’re an inspiring leader. You share your expertise and support the client and business development teams. You lead by example and people love working with you.
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll be responsible for developing and delivering the business development strategy.
- You’ll work closely with the creative and account management teams to create and deliver high-quality winning pitches.
- You’ll build strong relationships with Global 500 companies.
- You’ll manage both inbound and outbound leads and make sure we’re making the best use of the team’s time in converting them.
- You’ll be responsible for implementing the marketing plan.
- You’ll work with our clients to prove the ROI of our work, capture that in case studies and spread the word.
- You’ll mentor, coach and inspire the business development team
- You’ll work closely with our New York office to deliver and grow global opportunities and join the dots between teams.
The Writer is a brand language consultancy based in London and New York. We’re on a mission to rescue our clients from the tyranny of corporate speak, fighting against the boring, the lazy and the ineffective in language. In its place, we help companies use words that change how people see them, change how their people feel, and make and save them money.
You’ll be joining our London team, based on Borough High Street.
Sound like you? Apply here.