Senior Account Manager (London)
You’ll prove the ROI of our work to show clients the value of what we do. And as one of our Salesforce champions, you’ll record and share all of that for posterity. Your clients will be working in a variety of industries. But since most of them will be brand and marketing teams, it’ll be helpful to have an understanding of how those teams work in Global 500 companies, and what matters to them.
Like everyone at The Writer, you’ll:
- contribute to a happy team
- have ideas that make us better
- care about quality
- be interested in language
- be commercially savvy
Who are you?
Like all of us at The Writer, you’re eager to help the biggest brands in the world communicate more effectively, and change the corporate world for the better.
You’re a strategist. You can find your way around a big organisation, spotting where the opportunities are and who we need to know to get to them.
You’re a great listener. You can figure out what’s important to people by listening to them. And you ask questions to get clarity when you need to.
You’re driven by results. You’re used to working towards financial targets. You’re always on the lookout for evidence that great work produces great results – and you use those results to build stronger relationships and win new work.
You love data. You’re experienced in (and excited about) CRM systems like Salesforce to record and share information. And you spark a love of data in your team, too.
You’re a leader. You thrive on the energy of working with others to come up with a new idea and make it happen. And you enjoy finding better ways to work and sharing that knowledge with others.
You’re comfortable in any room. Whether you’re pitching to or getting feedback from a brand manager or the CEO, you’re able to stay personable, calm, and clear in conversations and presentations.
You’re diplomatic. Being a senior account manager means balancing the needs of your clients, our project managers, and our creative teams – not to mention, the financial health of our business. And doing it with grace and poise.
What will you be doing?
- You’ll develop relationships with Global 500 clients that lead to continuous business, and meet your financial targets
- You’ll prepare account plans for our VIP accounts, and see them through to help us grow our revenue year on year
- You’ll keep our internal teams up to date with what’s going on with clients
- You’ll do thorough and thought-through handovers to our project management and creative teams when opportunities become projects
- You’ll be one of our Salesforce champions, keeping all your opportunities and contacts up to date, using the platform to help grow your accounts, and sharing global opportunities with the US team
- You’ll stay up to date on what’s going on in our clients’ industries
- You’ll work with clients to prove the ROI of our work, capture that in case studies, and spread the word
- And you’ll mentor junior members of our account team
You’ll report to our business development director.
Sound like you?
If so, apply here, sending us three things: your CV, a one-liner telling us where you saw this ad, and 300 words explaining why you’re the right person for us. You'll be able to upload multiple documents and once you're done uploading click 'finish application'.